What personal information does Whole Circle Farms, Inc. collect and when?
We collect and store information that you enter into this website. Information will be collected when you register on our website, if you sign up to receive emails, newsletters or other promotional communications, if you contact us with online inquiries and/or when you otherwise voluntarily submit or provide information to us. The information we collect that you provide to us may include, but is not limited to: names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, account and log-in IDs, passwords, demographic information and information regarding interests and preferences.
How does Whole Circle Farms, Inc. use your information?
Information collected is used to provide communication regarding products and services and for administrative and analytical purposes. For example, the information is used to provide emails, newsletters and other communications you have requested and to provide customer service. This information also may be used to contact you about sales, product recommendations, special offers and new site features from wholecirclefarms.com, unless you have opted not to receive promotional communications in connection with this website. When you opt not to receive emails, newsletters or other promotional information, we collect and store certain information, such as your email address, in order to comply with your preferences regarding such materials.
Like many websites, we use technologies to collect and store certain other information automatically whenever you interact with this website. For example, we collect your IP address, browser information and reference site domain name every time you visit this website. We also collect information regarding customer traffic patterns and site usage. This information is used to analyze and improve this website and to provide our customers with a fulfilling site experience.
How does Whole Circle Farms, Inc. protect customer information?
Our SSL security includes forcing all site traffic and users to use HTTPS and SSL, and all server and CDN traffic uses enforced SSL as well.
All transactions are processed through a third-party gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
- Remember and process items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save users preferences for future visits.
- Compile data about site traffic and interactions in order to offer a better online experience.
- We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies, some features will be disabled yet you can still place orders.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
Users are able to change their personal information:
- By emailing us
- By calling us
- By logging in to their account
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify the users via email within 7 business days
- We will notify the users via in-site notification within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, simply follow the link at the bottom of each email to update preferences or fully unsubscribe.
- We will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
Whole Circle Farms, Inc.
18514 S. Abiqua Rd NE.
Silverton, OR 97381 USA